Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Colorful Cuddling

This past Sunday, we took a drive up to the Northeast Kingdom, specifically St. Johnsbury. The colors were brilliant. We finally got a bit of rain and the weather had cooled down a bit, which provided the perfect conditions for the green trees of summer to transition to various shades of orange, red, and yellow. It was one of those days that you try to file in your brain for times to pull out and cheer you up during less joyful times. Two other great thing about the fall weather finally arriving is that it motivated me to finish a few knitting projects I had put aside and it means increased cuddling opportunities. Below are Robb's fit adorned in the lovely handknit socks that I made him. I had cast aside his socks a couple of months ago since it was sandel. The combination of his September birthday and the beginning of fall inspired me to pick them back up. Aren't they handsome? Oh, and my feet are adorned in the finally completed socks made out of soft merino yarn in Pippi's gorgeous Jammin' colorway. Now those are four happy feet!