Monday, May 14, 2007

Shear Fun!

That's me dipping my hand into some prize-winning blue-face leicester fleece at the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool festival. Pippi and I ventured out of the green mountain state Saturday in search of shear fun! (get it? shear-as in shearing a sheep. Clever puns abound after a long work day). The perfect spring weather made the fiber fest fabulous!
Pippi found a fleecy friend that she had to leave behind, but not before some serious bonding. I think she may have been giving the wool directions to her house. There were so much beutiful fiber and yarn that I didn't know where to begin. You see, here's a little secret, this was my first sheep and wool festival ever. I was a fiber festival virgen! It's all downhill from here (or uphill?) I did not leave empty-handed. I purchased this skein of handspun wool-tencel. I also purchased 4 skeins of yarn from Buckwheat Bridge Angora-3 beautiful deep purple and another gorgeous handpainted with that deep purple in it. The fiber content is 20% mohair kid, 60 % Cormo wool, and 20% llama. As if the beautiful yarn wasn't enough to make me giddy, I looked on the label and it said, "produced entirely with solar power". It turns out that they have a small solar-powered mill. Sold to the tree-hugging pinko commie hippie in the blue pants. I am planning on making a purple vest with a multi-colored trim. Well, that's the fiber report for now. You can view more photos of adventures from the NH sheep and wool festival on my newly created flickr account.I have been busy enjoying the spring weather and digging in the dirt so you can expect a garden report shortly.

4 Comments:

At 7:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous, I wish I could have gone! It looks like you had a great time.

 
At 11:10 PM, Blogger pamela wynne said...

Dude. Solar yarn? That's tremendous. Off to befriend you on Flickr. :)

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Pippi said...

I did give that fleece directions, but perhaps the lack of signage to my house confused it.

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Looks like you both had a good time! The yarn looks great. Maybe the fleece will miss pippis house and end up at mine! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home