Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ode to Orange

I didn't used to like the color orange, but then about ten years ago I tasted my first sun gold tomato. If you have not tried these tasty little suckers, I strongly recommend that you go to your nearest farmer's market, grocery store, or neighbor's garden (don't tell them I sent you) to get yourself a handful. They are sweet, but not bag o' skittles sweet. They are sublimely sweet. Did I mention that I grew these in pots? So, if you don't have a piece of land to till, you can still grow your own orange beauties. You won't be disappointed and you might even realize that you like the color orange.

2 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger (formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Oh yeah. Sungolds are the best!

I'm enjoying your blog - I'm in the SF Bay area but only recently - we moved from VT last year. You kind of bring me back home. :)

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Wool Girl said...

I love the orange ones! I just love this time of year when there are so many fresh vegetables to choose from - home grown tomatoes are the absolute best! Thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home