Thursday, November 15, 2007

Kvetching

It has been a rough few days in the land of Sarah (at least according to Sarah). That is why I have spent much of the time kvetching. For those of you who are not familiar with the yiddish term "kvetch," I will translate. To kvetch is to complain incessantly- you know, ramble on about how this sucks or that sucks. This is not a focused argument we are talking about. Mostly kvetching is a verbal expression of excessive self-pity. So, it all started out with a nasty cold that came on Tuesday afternoon, which turned my nose into a faucet the likes of which Atlanta would have been thrilled to see (except there was not water coming out of this faucet). So, then I laid around in bed for the better part of 36 hours in a state of cold-feverish delirium. When I finally pulled myself together to go to work today, it turns out that I probably should have stayed put. Apparently, my psyche had caught the cold that had been residing in my nasal passages. This meant that everything at work felt foggy and irritating. I tried to snap out of it, but all I could think about was how I wanted to go home, sit on my couch, and work on my monkey socks. I realize in the scheme of things, I live a very comfortable life and really should not be complaining about little annoyances that pop up in life, but that's what kvetching is all about. So, I'm glad I got that off my chest. Maybe tomorrow, I will use my chutzpah for something other than kvetching. Oh, and here's something that doesn't suck. I have made some progress on my very own pair of monkey socks. Ain't they pretty in that lovely Schaeffar Anne yarn? Things are looking up already.

1 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's no fun being sick, and it's always good to be a little whiney when you don't feel well. I love the monkeys!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home