Friday, August 01, 2008

Sweaters, strawberries, and summer scenes

Long time, no post. So, here's a little visual catch up. Right about when the weather turned, I finished my simple cardigan in Fibre Company's lovely Terra yarn. Not to worry, winter will return and I will have plenty of time to wear this sweater. The pattern is A Craving to Knit from Yarn Girl's Guide to Simple Knits. It's a great pattern when you want to really highlight the yarn itself- kind of boring, but very wearable.



About a month ago, I went on a strawberry picking frenzy at a farm about 10 miles from us. I love strawberries and they always seem to be in season for such a short time. So, I decided I would freeze oodles of these delicious berries so I can enjoy year round, while still continuing eat locally. Blueberries are now in season so I will have be heading out for more fruit picking fun in the next week. Nothing like opening your freezer in January (in Vermont) and seeing some colorful food.


Other adventures this summer have included enjoying lots of outdoor dinners with Robb and Ella on our porch, hiking Camel's Hump and enjoying this view, and swimming whenever possible.













In other news,, Robb and I will be "taking the plunge" in a couple of weeks. Here we are literally taking the plunge in the White River on a hot summer day.

4 Comments:

At 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great to see you're out there enjoying the fruits (no pun intended) of summer. Have a great time "plunging"!

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger jessie said...

What a great swimming picture.

I'm looking forward to the wedding pics. Good luck with the big day!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Pippi said...

Nice to see you both!

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger Pippi said...

oh, and Ella!
(sorry, Ella!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home